Website host moving
So hosting this site on my own server was sort of slow, and I don’t think IIS can support many users unless you use a server edition of Windows.
I do have an image of Windows Server 2016 as part of my MSDN subscription but I don’t feel like firing up a VM or a physical host to install it on.
I migrated my site to a GoDaddy host, but there were some headaches:
- Making the WordPress site a top level domain is difficult hence I try to redirect you to http://www.yourharts.com/wordpress automatically when you go to http://www.yourharts.com
- If anyone knows how to change your CNAME or records to automatically make my wordpress subfolder appear to be the root folder please feel free to drop me a line!
- I can’t seem to be able to RDP into the Godaddy host even though I am on a Windows plan and it says you can.
- As a result clearing temporary files is next to impossible!
- The PHP version seems to be stuck at 5.4. 🙁
- Godaddy is still a really slow host! I think you can pay to get a premium server, but holy hell it’s slow!
Well that’s where we are now, site migration was a pain, but I think it’s working now.